Sunday, July 4, 2010

Inspiration: Tyson Mcadoo


The other day I saw the book of Tyson Mcadoo. I was intrigued to see these stylized cartoon femme fatale pinup illustrations. It reminded of an artist I know, Delva Borno. The work uses women as the main focus and even though he does have other non-female work on his site, the appealing illustrations are his women studies. http://www.tysonmcadoo.com/ As I was looking, I kept arguing how the illustrations were created. Was it in Photoshop or Illustrator? Most likely it was both for the entire artwork, but just for the main focus it could be either way. It was something refreshing and even though I've seen images similar, it has been awhile since I've seen them. I would check it out. He has some new work which isn't showcased in his book "The Death of Me" and I recommend you take a look on his site. His "Invisible" set under the Ladies section is very creative to showcase the still sexy illustrations of his favorite subject matter. My favorite design is the one titled "Sailor Jerry". I feel the use of dimensions, textures, illustration, help make this a very eye catching design. I assure you there are plenty of worthy pieces to view.









No comments:

Post a Comment