Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mega Man 2 Arcade Design by Derek Deal

From Derek Deal about this piece:

Here’s my piece for the Video Game show opening tonight at Gallery 1988 Venice. It’s a tribute to my favorite platform game of all time, Mega Man 2, and is inspired by classic Nintendo arcade panel art of the 80s a la Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr & Popeye. I’ve always been hugely inspired by arcade machine art since i basically grew up in game rooms, and because Mega Man was never in the arcade I decided i wanted to take a crack at creating the panel art as if it had.
Screen prints will be available at the gallery starting tonight Sept 16th - Oct 6th. Thanks to Mama’s Sauce printing for knocking it out of the park for me once again!
18x25 4 color screen prints on 100lb French Lemon Drop paper. Edition of 50

No comments:

Post a Comment